Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Enjoy Him: from Jesus Always by Sarah Young

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Psalm 27:8

My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.

  To enjoy My Presence more fully, you need to think less and less about yourself. This is not an arbitrary demand; it's the secret to living more abundantly. Self-forgetfulness is a delightful way to live! 

   Try to become aware of how much time you spend thinking about yourself. Take a look at your mind's contents. Though your thoughts are not visible to other people unless you choose to share them, I see

each and every one. When you realize your thinking is unworthy of Me, make every effort to change the subject. If you're struggling with a self-centered idea that recurs again and again, try connecting it to a

favorite scripture or a brief prayer. This forms a bridge for your

attention - away from yourself and toward Me. For example, praying "I love You, Lord can quickly direct your focus to Me. 

   If you have to repeat this process many times, don't be discouraged. You are training your mind to seek My Face, and this endeavor is pleasing to Me. Seek Me, beloved, and live abundantly.

Amos 5:4

This is what the Lord says to the house of Israel: “Seek me and live;


No comments:

Post a Comment