Friday, March 30, 2012

His Cross... My Cross

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Galatians 6:14
The Lord Jesus’ highest glory is His cross.  It was in the cross that Christ glorified the Father and the father glorified the Son.  Read how John puts it:
And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.
Revelation 5:9-14
And it is the crucified Christ that followers of Jesus learn to say:

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ…Galatians 6:14

This is what we must learn too, if we are to follow Him.

It is the crucified Christ who promises to Never leave us or forsake us, and that He would be with us forever.

It may be that we do not experience His sweet fellowship in an unbroken manner, because we do not glory in the cross.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--
Romans 6:6

This means that we die to the world and to it’s opinions and values, so we can be free from it’s power.  We pick up our cross and deny ouraselves to form the mind of Christ, that has already been given to us. 

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross! Philippians 2:8

As we pray it is Jesus Himself, the risen, crucified Lord who walks with us, and presses through us to reveal Himself… so we can say that Christ lives through me.





No comments:

Post a Comment