Monday, December 20, 2021

WHO AM I? (Identity) by Andrew Murray

 

Set your affection on things above… for ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:2-3

When entering God’s presence in the morning hour, the Christian must realize where he stands in relation to God. Each person who claims access and an audience with the Most High must have a living sense of the place he has in Christ before God.

Who am I? Who is it that comes to ask God to meet me and spend the whole day with me? I am one who knows that I am in Christ and that my life is “hid with Christ in God.” In Christ I died to sin and the world. I am now taken out of them, separated and delivered from their power. I have been raised together with Christ; and in Him, I live unto God. My life is “hid with Christ in God.” I can come to God to claim all the divine life that is hidden away in Him for today’s need and supply.

Yes, this is who I am. I am one who longs to say, “Christ is my life.” The longing of my soul is for Christ, revealed by the Father Himself within the heart. Nothing less can satisfy me. My life is “hidden with Christ.” He can be my life in no other way than as He is in my heart. Christ is the Savior from sin, the gift and instrument of God’s love. Christ is my indwelling Friend and Lord.

If God should ask, “Who are you?” I would reply, “I live in Christ and Christ in me. Lord, You alone can make me know and be all that this truly means.”

I am sure you realize how important the morning hour is to secure God’s presence for the day. During that time, you take a firm stand on the foundation of redemption. Accept what God has bestowed on you in Christ. Be what God has made you to be. Confess your position in Christ. In a battle, much depends upon an unshakable position. Take your place where God has placed you.

The very attempt to do this may at times interfere with your ordinary Bible study. This will be no loss. Your daily Christian walk depends on knowing who your God is and who you are as His redeemed one in Christ. When you have learned the secret, it will, even when you do not think of it, be the strength of your heart, both in going in before God and going out with Him to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment