Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Great Question: by Andrew Murray

Jesus asked them, “Do you believe I can make you see? Yes Lord,…we do.”
Matthew 9:28
“Jesus told her….”Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again…Do you believe this?” Yes Lord,” she told Him. From what we have seen and heard of Christ Jesus, our heart is ready to say with Martha: “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the son of God, the one who has come into the world from God” (John: 11:25-27). But when it comes to believing Christ’s promise to us of His abiding presence, we do not find it so easy to say, “I believe.” Yet it is this faith that Christ desires to work within us.
We must understand clearly what the conditions are on which Christ offers to reveal to us the secret of His abiding presence. God will not force His blessings on us against our will. He seeks in every possible way to sir our desire and to help us realize that He is able and willing to make His promise true. The resurrection of Christ from the dead is His great, all-prevailing evidence.
Now the great question whether we are willing to take Him at His word and rest in the promise: “I am with you always.” Christ’s question to us is : “Do you believe?” Let us not rest until we have bowed before Him in prayer and said: “Yes, Lord, I do believe.”
Prayer
Dear God, your promise to be with me is forever true. With a grateful heat I respond to You: Yes, Lord, I do believe. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment