Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blessed Reality: by Andrew Murray

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30
During His last day with His disciples, the Lord Jesus made several references to
being “in Christ Jesus.”  “When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you” (John 14:20).  Following that in 15:5 “Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.”  “If you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!” (15:7).  We cannot apply these promises unless we first prayerfully accept the words “in Christ.”

Paul expressed the same thought in Romans 6:4, “We…are buried with Christ.”  “You should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus” (Romans 6:11).  “There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).  And in Ephesians 1:3 “How we praise God…who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.”  Colossians 2:6 “Just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to him.”  Colossinas 4:12 “…Asking God to make you strong and perfect, fully confident of the whole will of God.”  By faith take hold of the truth that “God establishes us in Christ” and then follow the leading of the Spirit in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment