Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Omnipresence of Christ: by Andrew Murray

I will be with you. Exodus 3:12
When Christ said to His disciples, “I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth,” the promise immediately followed, “I am with you always”
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20
The Omnipotent One is truly the Omnipresent One. The writer of Psalm 139 speaks of God’s omnipresence as something beyond his comprehension: “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!” (verse 6).
The revelation of God’s omnipresence in the man Christ Jesus makes the mystery still deeper. The fact that we can experience this presence every moment is inexpressibly wonderful. And yet many of us find it difficult to understand all that Christ’s presence implies and how, through prayer, it can become the practical experience of our daily life.
When Christ says “always,” He means to give us the assurance that there should never be a moment in which that presence cannot be our experience. Yet, it does not depend upon what we can effect, but upon what He undertakes to do.

The omnipotent Christ is indeed the omnipresent Christ. His promise to us is: “I am with you always.” Let your faith in Christ, the Omnipresent One, be in the quiet confidence that He will be with you every day and every moment. Meet Him in prayer, and let His presence be your strength for service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment